This week, a Reddit thread asked users: "What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?"
The thread quickly went viral as more and more people started chiming in with the sentences, words, and phrases that drive them absolutely bonkers.
Here are some of the best responses:
1. "No offense, but..."
2. "When someone asks if they can use the bathroom, and the teacher says, 'I don’t know, CAN you?'"
3. "When I ask if I can get anything else for someone, and they respond, 'How about the winning lottery numbers?'"
4. "Working hard...or hardly working."
5. "Live, laugh, love."
6. "When an item at a store is not scanning properly: 'It must be free!' I've heard this wayyyy too many times."
7. "The word 'millennials' when said by any kind of reporter or TV presenter."
8. "Corporate speak and buzzwords: 'Let's touch base next Tuesday to see how we can leverage those synergies to add value with our ideas for a bespoke product!'"
9. "I'm not rude, I'm just honest."
10. "'All my friends are guys; girls cause too much drama.' Okay, YOU cause too much drama."
11. “I’ve done some research on what exactly goes into vaccines...”
12. "iF YoU cAnT HAndLE mE aT My woRSt yOu doNt dEServE mE aT mY bEst."
13. "When people say you’re doing something the wrong way, but really they just mean you’re not doing it their way."
14. "'Everything happens for a reason,' and 'God only gives us what we can handle.' She just got diagnosed with a serious disease, Karen; she doesn’t want to hear that."
15. "'Free speech! I can say whatever I want!' Free speech doesn't absolve you of any responsibility for what you say."
17. "Anytime it snows in Seattle: 'So much for global warming.'"
18. "Boys will be boys."
19. "When I tell someone something in a serious discussion and they respond with 'lol' and only 'lol.'"
20. "When someone is redundant about the time of day. For example, '3 a.m. in the morning.'"
21. "Grown. Ass. Women. Calling. Their. Husbands. 'HUBBY.'"
22. "When people say 'expresso' instead of 'espresso.'"
23. "I'm not racist, but..."
So what words or phrases make YOU roll your eyes? Sound off in the comments!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.