This week, a Reddit thread asked users, "What little thing would you make illegal just because it pisses you off?" It turns out a ~lot~ of people wish their pet peeves were legitimate crimes.
Here are some things people think you should go to jail for:
1. "Designing an ad so that the 'X' to make it go away is really just a facade to make you click on the ad."
2. "Mail addressed to 'neighbor' or 'current resident.' If you don't know who lives there you shouldn't be able to spam mail me. It would save a lot of paper and gas too."
3. "Waiting until you get to the counter to start even looking at the menu to decide what food to order for yourself, your spouse, and your three children."
4. "Leaving a public bathroom a mess. You know who you are..."
5. "Creating pants with tiny pockets or no pockets at all."
6. "Chewing with your mouth open."
7. "Making the volume go way up for commercials."
8. "Websites asking me to subscribe to their newsletter immediately after I visit them for the first time, without even having the chance to look at their content."
9. "People that stop their cars to have a conversation with someone on the street or in another car. Especially when there is no way around them."
10. "Listening to music on your phone's speaker while in a public place."
11. "Spitting gum out and sticking it anywhere...it's filthy when you accidentally touch someone's gum stuck under a table."
12. "A clique of people walking in a horizontal line that practically devours the entire sidewalk, and are somehow entirely oblivious to the fact that they are doing so, or just don't care."
13. "Having videos that autoplay with audio on a website."
14. "When people hit their teeth on silverware when eating. Holy shit."
15. "Not having partitions between urinals."
16. "Playing any type of car noise (like honking) during radio commercials. I can't tell you how many times it's thrown me off while driving. I'm surprised there haven't been more car accidents caused by this kind of stuff."
17. "Leaving shopping carts in parking spaces. The place to return it is right there!"
18. "PUTTING YOUR STUPID FLYERS ON MY CAR WINDSHIELD!! WHO SAID YOU COULD PUT THAT THERE??"
19. "Grandma sharing everything she sees on Facebook."
20. "Being a dick to the cashier."
21. "Talking during a movie in a theater."
22. "I would put a time limit on ATM use."
23. "Waving at cars to go ahead at a stop sign even though it is clearly your turn."
24. "'Free trials' that require you to enter payment details."
25. "Letting the dishwashing gloves fall into the sink so that they end up with water inside and have to be turned inside out to dry."
26. "Trying to get on a bus/train/tram before letting people who want to come off out."
27. "Truck nuts."
28. "Not putting your house number anywhere on your house (I deliver pizza)."
29. "Categorizing people into generations like 'millennials.'"
30. "Hanging toilet paper so it goes under not over. Seriously."
31. "Getting water all over the counter when you wash your hands, which then soaks up in my pants when I'm washing mine making it look like I peed myself."
32. "Adding people to Facebook groups without their permission. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR JAMBERRY WRAPS, JENN."
Responses have been condensed and edited for clarity.