The former Florida governor posted the photo after conducting a business tour and town hall at FN Manufacturing, a firearms plant in South Carolina.
3. People on Twitter had a field day with the photo.
4. Some people were super angry, pointing out that guns like Bush’s have assassinated presidents.
5. But many people had jokes.
6. “Why I just picture Jeb robbing people for their votes at gun point?”
7. Some made fun of Jeb’s asking an audience to “please clap.”
8. And some mocked him with Vines.
9. Other people pointed out that having your name on your gun may not be the best idea.
10. And some people accused him of a publicity stunt.
11. The tweet also sparked a whole new meme, as people started tweeting out photos they thought better represented “America.”
15. Because surely nothing’s more British than a lovely cup of tea.
16. But jokes mainly came from Americans.
20. BTW, the gun plant in South Carolina is a part of a U.S. subsidiary of a Belgian arms company, so some people pointed out that the gun wasn’t that “American” after all.
BuzzFeed News has contacted the Bush campaign for comment.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️