1. You know that one friend on Instagram who is always making you feel kind of bad that you just sat home and watched Netflix all weekend? Well, even they are no match for Hipster Barbie.
2. Hipster Barbie, also known as Socality Barbie, is taking Instagram by storm thanks to her super #deep travel shots…
3. Her impeccable taste in the latest in hipster fashion…
4. And her #inspiring messages. “Be Real. Be Unique. Be Authentic. Be Humble.”
5. Above all, Barbie wants you to live your most #authentic life.
6. She’s so ~real~ and #blessed!
7. The hilarious Instagram is a not-so-subtle dig at travel bloggers who love to preach about living an “authentic” life through staged, outdoorsy glamour shots.
8. The mastermind behind the account is an Oregon wedding photographer who told BuzzFeed News she wants to remain anonymous.
She said that she decided to start the account to show how “ridiculous social media has become.”
“I was getting tired of seeing people taking the same pictures, in the same places, and using the same captions all while hashtagging ‘#LiveAuthentic,’” she said.
9. She said that her biggest Instagram pet peeve is when people do absurd things just to get a “creative” Instagram picture.
“I’ve sat in coffee shops and watched people set their coffee on the floor while they stand on a chair just to make their morning cup of coffee appear more interesting than it really is,” she said.
The creator said that the attention the account has received has been “unreal.”
“I had no idea this many people would find the account funny. I’m glad so many people can laugh about it,” she said.
10. Stay #blessed, Barbie.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.