1. When Brittney Fussy married her new husband Briggs, she had some practice walking down the aisle with him.
The Minnesota couple got married this weekend — nearly 20 years after they served as ring bearer and flower girl at a wedding as kids.
3. Briggs Fussy told BuzzFeed News that the couple’s love story began in 1995, when they were both 3 years old.
He explained that his godmother was friends with Brittney’s mother. She chose Briggs to be the ring bearer and Brittney to be the flower girl in her wedding.
5. Briggs said he did not keep in touch with Brittney, and did not see her again until they were randomly placed in the same government class in ninth grade.
He said that Brittney recognized his unusual name, and asked her mother if it could be the same boy.
6. She then brought a picture of them at the wedding to show Briggs. “When she showed me the picture, I said, I have one just like that on my wall at home,” Briggs said.
The couple started dating their junior year of high school, much to the delight of their friends and family.
8. But history isn’t going to repeat itself with their own ring bearer and flower girl.
“They’re related, so it’s not going to be the same story,” Brittney told Fox 9.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in a number of films — "Twister" "Titanic," and "Apollo 13" — has died at 61.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱