2. Dana Griffin-Graves told BuzzFeed News that she and her husband, Arkell Graves, started trying to have a child soon after their wedding 17 years ago.
She said they assumed they wouldn’t have issues having a family.
“We had everything planned,” she said.
But the couple struggled. Griffin-Graves said that she delivered one stillborn baby at six months and had four miscarriages. About five years ago, she said, they decided to let go of their dream of getting pregnant.
“It just didn’t work out, so we kind of gave up,” she said.
3. But recently, Griffin-Graves was shocked when she discovered she was five months pregnant.
She said she got a clue something was up when she started walking with her friends but wasn’t losing weight like they were.
She went to the doctor and learned she was pregnant. After finding out how far along she was, she began scheming with her family as to the best way to tell her husband.
“I was ecstatic,” she said. “We hadn’t planned anything, we weren’t trying.”
4. She decided to surprise her husband by putting buns in their oven and putting the baby’s ultrasound picture next to the buns. She then filmed his reaction to show their family later.
9. Griffin-Graves said she has been shocked by the reaction to the video, especially since she only sent the YouTube link to eight people.
“I thought that this was going to be for family only,” she said.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.