1. When someone says "put another shrimp on the barbie!"
2. When you forgot that tax wasn't included in the sales price.
3. And when you're trying to work out the tax in your head before you get to the register.
"I'll just pay on card, thanks!"
4. When you get asked if you actually like Vegemite.
5. ...and when you can't satisfy your Vegemite craving because it's not readily available.
6. When you're trying to remember how much a dime is worth.
7. When people tell you they really want to come to Australia but the flight is too long.
8. When you forgot about international transaction fees.
9. When you wanna treat yo' self but the exchange rate is bullshit.
10. When someone offers you a Foster's because they think that's what you drink.
11. When you're trying to figure out how much to tip.
12. When you're trying to figure out if you need to tip someone.
13. When someone asks you about drop bears and they don't get it.
14. When someone asks you if you've ridden a kangaroo.
Are... are you kidding?
15. When you drink American Coke for the first time and it tastes weird.
"Why is it so... like this? Why?"
16. When you tell someone you're from Australia and they say "I've always wanted to visit New Zealand!"
17. When someone notes that you're not as tanned as they were expecting you, an Australian, to be.
18. When someone points out that the seasons are different.
Yep... that's how it works.
19. When someone does a terrible Aussie accent and says "G'day mate!" to you, really loudly.