1. When it's the week of your birthday and you're not going to wait to start the celebration.
2. When someone is like "hey our birthdays are close do you wanna have a joint party?"
3. When someone cuts you off while you're explaining your birthday plans.
4. When you lay down the law ahead of time.
5. When people are like "no but really, is your birthday really this big a deal to you?"
6. When someone is like "hey what do you want for your birthday?"
7. When someone is like "hey do you mind if I bring my new boyfriend?"
Do I want to meet him? Yes. Do I want you to steal my thunder by bringing a new person into our group? No. Not today.
8. When social etiquette dictates that you have to invite someone you're not fond of.
9. When one of your friends can't make it to your party for a perfectly valid reason.
I know it's not your fault, but also? How dare you have something more important than my birthday on.