1) Turkey is looking at expelling gay soldiers.
According to GayStarNews, “the Turkish Armed Forces is set to introduce a new regulation that essentially states to gay soldiers: ‘If you come out – you’ll be expelled, if you stay in the closet – we’ll do nothing.’”
2) New South Wales health minister Jillian Skinner launched a campaign to eliminate HIV in the state by 2020.
1) Chris Kluwe was honored at the Family Equality Council’s annual Los Angeles Awards.
“As athletes, what we say on the field and on the sidelines has a direct impact on how some kids are treated on the playground,” he said. “I hope more professional athletes stand up and declare that all American families are worthy of respect in their community and protection under the law.”
2) Kobe Bryant slams a Twitter user for using a gay slur.
“Just letting you know@PacSmoove @pookeo9 that using “your gay” as a way to put someone down ain’t ok! #notcool delete that out ur vocab”
Frank Ocean, “Forrest Gump”
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀