1. Prior to the debate, Mitt Romney is all like
Some of these things, like those endowment efforts and PBS I very much appreciate and like what they do in many cases but I just think they have to stand on their own rather than receiving money borrowed from other countries, as our government does on their behalf.
Which he echoed live on TV.
2. At first, Big Bird was like
Look what Mitt Romney has done to me… http://t.co/dhDFNLvV— Big Bird
6. And then he got really angry
Yo Mitt Romney, Sesame Street is brought to you today by the letters F & U! #debates #SupportBigBird— Big Bird
8. And then super sad
If Romney wins, this could be me… :( http://t.co/A8aYbUaS #SupportBigBird #Debates— Big Bird
11. But then he made jokes
Romney will fire Big Bird and Cookie Monster and replace them with the replacement refs #bigbird— Big Bird
13. And echoed the complaints of his friends
Even Ernie is mad! :( #SupportBigBird #Debates— Big Bird
15. Then he started a late-in-the-game campaign with Elmo
Big Bird / Elmo 2012! #debates #SupportBigBird— Big Bird
17. But then got curious about a different VP candidate
19. And wondered if he was a part of the 47 percent
I guess I’m the 47%… #debates #denverdebate— Big Bird
21. But then Grover got overly-dramatic
OMG, they arrested Grover for defending me. :( RT @XPhile1908 THIS http://t.co/JLDlmp5h— Big Bird
23. And it was like… seriously, gurl, chill
24. But honestly, he really felt…
This is me after Romney gets elected: http://t.co/Z4bocBF4 | #denverdebate #debates— Big Bird
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.