2. And he says “NO!” to the Minnesota Marriage Discrimination Amendment
5. And was respectful of Baltimore Ravens center Matt Birk’s opposition of same-sex marriage
I will support your right to worship at whatever altar you choose but I will not support you trying to force it on someone else, or to deny someone else legal benefits due to religious reasoning … This is not an attack on you as a person or your beliefs but the argument you presented in the Star Tribune simply does not stand up to logical inspection.
6. He penned a public letter to Maryland state delegate Emmett C. Burns Jr., which includes this amazing quote
[Gay people getting married] won’t magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster.
Read the full letter here.
7. He used the postscript to maximum effect
P.S. I’ve also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your “I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing” and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.
9. In which he talks about his positive outlook for the NFL
I strongly believe that goodness is contagious and that others will jump on board as the younger generation begins to populate the NFL.
10. And why he is taking a stand on gay rights
It’s all about the Golden Rule: Treat other people as you want to be treated. It’s that simple. It’s something that needs to be spoken about, and it’s something I can do while fulfilling my job as a football player.
14. He strives to break stereotypes
I’ve always relished breaking that stereotype of the dumb jock athlete because while I enjoyed athletics growing up, I also enjoyed reading and video games, and athletic sport is not what defines me as a person. I think as more and more generations start rising through the NFL, a lot of these kids see that it’s OK to be something other than an athlete.
19. He wanted to change his name to “Chris Warcraft”
Back when [Bengals receiver] Chad Johnson changed his name to Ocho Cinco, I told the guys at 93X that I was going to change my name to Chris World of Warcraft.” They said that’s too long. So they started calling me Chris Warcraft. I could make a lot of money if I changed my name to that.
24. But he also shares the credit with his teammates
Our gunners did a great job getting down there, downing the ball. I had excellent protection the entire time. It just showed as a special teams unit what we can do when we’re firing on all cylinders.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.