Whether you are already full-on vegan or you want to try out vegan cooking, this Trader Joe’s recipe series is for you. These vegan dinners are fast, simple, and cheap, and we have a PLAN for the shopping and cooking that will make it EASY.
With $20 and one trip to Trader Joe’s, you can make these five ridiculously easy meals. The best part? Each of these recipes makes two servings, so share with your roomie or save the leftovers for lunch the following day.
Here’s what you’ll need for a week of vegan dinners:
- One package capellini (angel-hair) pasta
- One carton vegetable broth
- One 16-oz. bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- One large yellow onion
- One large red onion
- Six Roma tomatoes
- One lemon
- One 16-oz. bag frozen broccoli
- One 10-oz. bag kale
- One 16-oz. bag carrots
- Two heads garlic
- Two large sweet potatoes
- One package refrigerated pizza dough
- Two cans chickpeas
- One ciabatta roll
It might vary a little depending on where you live, but we got all this for less than $21. There are also a few ingredients you should already have on hand, such as olive oil, salt, pepper, and a few spices, including cumin and paprika.
To make the whole process as simple and painless as possible, roast two trays of veggies on Sunday night. That way, these five dinners will take less than 20 minutes to prepare. Click here to find out how to roast the veggies.
Hump day is the perfect day for a bowl packed with leafy greens, roasted veggies, and homemade crispy chickpeas – or forget the leafy greens and veggies and consume an entire bowl of the crispy chickpeas because they are that good. Get the recipe here.
Winter, spring, summer, fall – soup is delicious no matter the season. Get the soup and sandwich recipes here.
For more, like Spoon University on Facebook.
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘