1. In Grey's Anatomy, when Izzie hallucinated her dead fiancé, Denny, and then had ghost sex with him.
2. In Black Mirror, when the prime minister was blackmailed into having sex with a live pig on national television for the entire country to watch.
3. In Riverdale, when Betty was a minor and performed a striptease in front of her mom, boyfriend's dad, and a bunch of strangers in a crowded bar while singing "Mad World."
4. In 13 Reasons Why, when Justin Foley had the greatest character arc ever, but then they randomly gave him AIDS and killed him off.
5. In Shameless, when Veronica couldn't get pregnant, so she talked her mom into having sex with her and her boyfriend, which turned into a routine occurrence.
6. Also in Shameless, when the writers randomly made Fiona leave cocaine on the kitchen counter, and Liam — a legit baby — got ahold of it.
7. In Skins, when Freddie was trapped by Effy's psychiatrist and beaten to death with a baseball bat.
8. In Stranger Things, when Eleven randomly tracked down her "sister" and went on a vengeful mission to kill a bunch of people who worked at the Hawkins Lab.
9. In Boy Meets World, when they randomly painted Shawn as a loner and made him join a cult for exactly one episode.
10. In Friends, when Monica found out that her brother, Ross, was her first kiss...and only because Ross thought she was actually a drunk, passed-out Rachel.
11. Also in Friends, when Ross was super attracted to his literal cousin and tried to make out with her.
12. In Dexter, when they ruined Deb's entire character by getting rid of her morals, making her addicted to pills, and then having her become sexually attracted to her adoptive brother.
13. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when Spike wrestled Buffy to the ground and sexually assaulted her in the bathroom.
14. In Scrubs, when Turk secretly slipped birth control into Carla's mouth while she slept.
15. In New Girl, when Jess and Robby developed feelings and even started dating, but then they realized they're actually cousins.
16. In Game of Thrones, when Margaery seduced Tommen — a literal child — and then they got married and the show immediately cut to the two of them having sex.
17. And in Glee, literally every single time Mr. Schue did anything.
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.