1. Casablanca (1942)
Because, kid, you need to learn about love and sacrifice.
2. Terms of Endearment (1983)
Because you won’t always know how to show your feelings.
3. From Here to Eternity (1953)
Because you’ll need to learn how to really kiss someone.
4. Ghost (1990)
Because sometimes you can’t grow old with the one you love.
5. An Affair to Remember (1957)
Because six months is a long time, but forever is even longer.
6. Pretty Woman (1990)
Because love knows no occupation.
7. Some Like it Hot (1959)
Because you’ll do anything for the person of your dreams, which includes cross-dressing.
9. Jules and Jim (1962)
Because you’ll have friends, and you’ll have lovers. Sometimes it’ll be hard to distinguish between the two.
10. Gone with the Wind (1939)
Because if you hide your feelings for too long, it might be too late.
11. His Girl Friday (1940)
Because you’re going to get stuck in at least one love triangle.
13. Sabrina (1954)
Because all’s fair in [brotherly] love and war.
14. Annie Hall (1977)
Because if Woody Allen can find romance, so can you.
15. City Lights (1931)
Because love is not determined by money.
16. Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Because there are consequences to everything.
17. For Love of Ivy (1968)
Because still waters run deep.
21. The Lady Eve (1941)
Because temptation is everywhere.
24. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
Because sometimes you need a reminder that no one will feel lost or lonely forever.
25. Roman Holiday (1953)
Because love is life’s most difficult adventure.
26. Love Story (1970)
Because you might fall for your best friend.
27. The Philadelphia Story (1940)
Because you’ll need a guide to finding a relationship… and inadvertently yourself, too.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸