We asked the BuzzFeed Community to send us their worst cooking fails. Here are the hilariously terrible results.
1. These sad ninjabread cookies:
2. This Frozen fail:
"Pinterest fail on a Frozen-themed birthday cake for my daughter. I gave up and called a bakery. Not pictured: $80 in baking and decorating supplies."
3. This chocolate chip disaster:
"I tried to make these chocolate chip cookies filled with Funfetti frosting, and clearly Pinterest was a freaking lie…"
4. This shitty mug cake:
"I tried to make a mug cake 'cause they looked so fun. I’m not sure what went wrong here."
5. This explosive pecan banana bread:
"Oh, what a calamity! Premium organic ingredients, costly pecans, and my banana bread went ~kaboom~! What an expensive waste of time."
6. This single vodka gummy bear container:
"Vodka gummy bears! Oops."
7. This sugary mess:
8. These burnt, giant, fluffy pancakes:
"We tried making those giant, fluffy pancakes with a rice cooker that we kept seeing on Pinterest. The edges became *slightly* burnt…"
9. These scary deviled-egg chicks:
"My mom tried to make deviled-egg chicks for Easter, as depicted in the first picture, but they turned out very wrong."
10. These rainbow "heart" cookies:
"My girlfriend and I tried to make rainbow heart cookies. Instead, we made awkward pride flag cookies… Oops."
11. This crusty pie:
"I once made a pretty majestic-looking pie. I have no idea what happened. It looked normal going in."
12. This fallen cheesy chicken and rice dish:
"I found a cheesy chicken and rice recipe on Pinterest that sounded amazing. I was so excited to try it, but when I took the pan out of the oven, I promptly dropped it back into the oven, spilling all of the cheesy deliciousness."
13. This chocolate chip mush:
"Here are my chocolate chip cookies. The 5-year-old I was making them with was more mature about it than I was."
14. This deflated chocolate cake:
"I’m usually good, but this time my cake just gave up AFTER I frosted it."
15. This picture-perfect cookie bowl:
"Want a fun roommate activity? Make cookie bowls for ice cream! But instead of cookie bowls, we got a delicious cookie pancake. So close."
16. These, um, interesting macarons:
"My wannabe French macarons."
17. These burnt protein pancakes:
"That one time I tried to make protein pancakes from Pinterest and something went horribly wrong. Also, that’s not chocolate...it’s just burnt."
18. This simple cup of noodles:
"I was in a hurry and forgot to put water in my cup. The apartment smelled like charred Styrofoam for days."
19. This Cadbury Creme Egg cake attempt:
20. These lonely, forgotten hot dogs:
"Forgetting about the hot dogs on the barbecue was not my mom’s finest moment."
21. These...Jell-O worms?
"My mom tried making those Jell-O worms you see on Pinterest."
22. This rock-hard pan-shaped brownie:
"He still loves me, despite my nonexistent baking skills. At least I greased that pan real good."
23. And this person who literally just wanted tea:
"I tried to make tea and ended up burning the pot."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.