1. The studio wanted Tom Cruise to play the role of Jack Dawson.
20th Century Fox wanted both Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise for the lead, but James Cameron insisted on Leo DiCaprio.
4. After writing the fictitious character of Jack Dawson, James Cameron learned that there was a real J. Dawson who died on the Titanic.
Joseph Dawson, along with many other Titanic victims, was buried in a cemetery in Nova Scotia. His gravestone is apparently the most visited in the cemetery.
6. The elderly couple who lie in bed as water floods the room is a tribute to Ida and Isidor Strauss, the owners of the Macy’s department store, who died on the Titanic.
14. Barbra Streisand and Reba McEntire were both in talks to play Molly Brown.
But the unsinkable character was ultimately played by Kathy Bates.
15. Madonna was considered for the role of Rose.
21. To make the bodies in the water appear frozen, a powder was applied to the actors’ faces, which then crystallized when exposed to water.
Wax was also applied to everyone’s hair and clothes, which gave everything a glossy, frozen look.
Correction: Number one on this list has been updated, as Tom Cruise did not audition for the role of Jack Dawson. Instead, the studio merely wanted him to play the part.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈