17. Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey : Estimated $150 million (1994)
16. Samathur Li Kin-Kan and Florence Tsang-Chiu-wing: Estimated $157 million (2011)
Samathur Li Kin-Kan is a property tycoon and Hong Kong billionaire who divorced his wife because she refused to get an abortion. The settlement was the largest in Asian history.
15. Boris Berezovsky and Galina Besharova: Estimated $160 million (2010)
Boris Berezovsky was originally a teacher, earning only £60 a month, but he later became one of Russia's most elite. He married Galina Besharova in 1991, but the couple divorced in 2010.
14. Michael Jordan and Juanita Vanoy: Estimated $168 million (2006)
13. Michael Polsky and Maya Polsky: Estimated $184 million (2007)
In 1976, Michael and Maya Polsky moved to America with only $500 in their pockets. After 31 years of marriage, Maya divorced Michael, the founder of Invenergy LLC.
12. Charles Edgar Fipke and Marlene Fipke: Estimated $200 million (2000)
11. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: Estimated between $250 and $375 million (2011)
10. Roman Abramovich and Irina Malandina: Estimated $300 million (2006)
9. Robert Johnson and Sheila Crump: Estimated $400 million (2003)
Robert and Sheila Johnson are co-founders of BET, and they just happened to be married from 1969-2002. Robert became the first African American billionaire, so when the couple divorced, Sheila received a large sum of the fortune... $400 million worth.
8. Mel Gibson and and Robyn Moore: Estimated $425 million (2006)
7. Craig McCaw and Wendy Petrak: Estimated $460 million (1997)
Craig McCaw earned his fortune as the founder of McCaw Cellular, which was sold to AT&T for a reported $11.5 billion in the early 90s. He married Wendy Petrak in 1974, but the couple split in 1997.
6. Steve Wynn and Elaine Pascal: Estimated $740 million (2010)
5. Adnan Khashoggi and Soraya Khashoggi: Estimated $850 million (1982)
4. Bernie Ecclestone and Slavica Ecclestone: Estimated $1.2 billion (2009)
3. Rupert Murdoch and Anna Maria Torv: Estimated $1.7 billion (1998)
2. Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng: Estimated $1.8 billion (2013)
1. Alec Wildenstein and Jocelyn Perisse: Estimated $2.5 billion (1997)
Alec Wildenstein inherited billions from his famous art-dealing family. When his wife, Jocelyn Wildenstein, walked in on Alec and his 19-year-old secret lover, only 42 years his junior, Jocelyn decided to call things off. Jocelyn received $2.5 billion in the divorce settlement and $100 million every year for 13 years after.