2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual
1½ pounds waxy potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin half-moons
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1. Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Add sliced
potatoes and onion. The olive oil should lightly bubble up around the vegetables. Cook
for 12–14 minutes until potatoes are very tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Carefully strain the potatoes out of the olive oil, reserving the olive oil. Let the potatoes
and onion cool a bit.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a bit of salt. Fold in potatoes and onions.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of the reserved olive oil back into the skillet. When hot, pour in the
egg mixture. Softly stir, tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg to run onto the bottom of
the pan. Allow the egg mixture to cook for a few minutes. Peek underneath to make sure
the bottom is browning. Run a spatula along the sides of the pan to release the tortilla.
At this point, the top will still be uncooked.
5. Hold a dinner plate on top of the pan and flip the pan over to release the tortilla onto the
6. Wipe out the pan and scrape off any egg that is stuck to the pan. Heat up another
tablespoon of reserved olive oil in the pan. Slide the tortilla back into the pan
(uncooked-side down) and cook for another 2 minutes to brown the bottom. Slide tortilla
onto a plate, cut into wedges, and serve.
Bread with Tomato
1 baguette, sliced on the bias
Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual
3 garlic cloves, halved
1. Drizzle baguette slices with Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual on both sides.
2. Heat up a grill pan and lightly sear each side of the bread slices.
3. Using a box grater, grate the tomatoes so that you are left holding the peel.
4. Rub each piece of seared bread with the cut sides of garlic cloves.
5. Scoop a tablespoon of tomato pulp onto each bread slice.
6. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and finish with an extra sprinkle of salt.
Shrimp with Garlic
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 large garlic cloves, minced
Minced parsley, for garnish
1. In a pan, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual with the red pepper flakes.
2. When olive oil is hot, add the shrimp, minced garlic, and a hearty pinch of salt. Cook
shrimp for 2–3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Pour into a bowl. Garnish with
minced parsley and another pinch of salt.
Makes: approx. 1 cup
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks, pasteurized
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Scant 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual
1. In a mortar and pestle, smash the garlic and salt until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Add in egg yolks and lemon juice, and crush the mixture with the pestle to combine.
3. Once smooth, start gradually adding the Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Spain — Picual,
being sure to fully incorporate each bit of olive oil with the pestle before adding more. It
will gradually become a thick sauce. Continue adding the olive oil and mixing with the
pestle until all has been incorporated. Serve!