1. “Video of the Year” at the YouTube Music Awards: “I Got A Boy”
The “I Got A Boy” music video broke the record for the K-Pop video to hit 20 million views the fastest (yes, that includes PSY’s “Gangnam Style”), and now totals more than 75 million views. This isn’t their only hit song though. “Gee” has totaled over 111 million views and “The Boys” has 81 million views and counting, just to name a few.
2. Dedicated and passionate fans, known as SONE (pronouced so-won).
Girls’ Generation’s YTMA nomination video was shared an unbelievable amount of times - the shares for their video alone was more than those for all of the other contestants combined. In her acceptance speech, Girls’ Generation’s representative, Tiffany, made sure to thank all the SONEs that made the win possible. That’s a trademark of the ladies, and why such a strong and supportive relationship is possible between artist and fans.
3. Global Phenomenon.
The girls can speak a myriad of languages besides Korean, which is part of their appeal to fans worldwide. In fact, three of the members were born in the U.S., with Jessica and Tiffany being native English speakers.
They are known for their talent throughout the entertainment industry, taking on roles as MCs, actresses, models, musical actresses, performers, and so much more. And by the way, the girls sing much more than just Korean pop.
7. Really though, they are true role models.
Representing Korea with maturity and class, they have a lot of heart (active in a number of charitable causes and foundations) and inspire their fans to follow in their footsteps ($10,000 raised in Girls’ Generation’s name earlier this year for Room to Read).
8. Get to know these amazing ladies even more! I promise, you won’t regret it.
The girls have fans all around the world, boasting the largest international Korean pop fan site which provides up to date news, English-subbed material, and much more to go along with the outstanding support they receive in Korea.
9. Nine sisters.
Most of all, there is nothing more important than the power of nine. These ladies have stuck together through thick and thin and along the way, they have become a family, with each individual shining as bright as ever through hard work, perseverance, and their own dedication to what they love.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩