One of the highlights of a church-going kid's Christmas is the Christingle service
There are four simple symbolic components of a Christingle
1. So how hard can it be to nail it?
2. There are those who don't have quite the right tools for the job
3. While some are just unsure of what it is they're trying to achieve
5. There's always one frustrated artist
6. Necessity can be the mother of invention
7. Run out of cocktail sticks? Use a lollipop
8. Or shards of plastic
9. Though beware: too many cocktail sticks and you'll end up with a Sputnik tribute
10. Health and safety can eclipse the true meaning of Christingle
12. Precaution sometimes takes precedent over aesthetics
15. Some confuse 'fruits of the earth' with 'marshmallows around the campfire'
16. Though health-conscious parents are also a threat to the Christingle spirit
18. As are households where the fruit bowl is a sad, neglected affair
20. But saddest of all are the poor sweets don't even survive the journey to church
21. So this Christmas, spare a thought for those less fortunate
22. God bless them, every one
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!