One of the highlights of a church-going kid’s Christmas is the Christingle service
For many it’s the ultimate in atmospheric snack-based worship
There are four simple symbolic components of a Christingle
Candle: Jesus, light of the world
Orange: The world
Red ribbon: Blood of Jesus
Four cocktail sticks with fruit: The four seasons and fruits of the earth
2. There are those who don’t have quite the right tools for the job
3. While some are just unsure of what it is they’re trying to achieve
9. Though beware: too many cocktail sticks and you’ll end up with a Sputnik tribute
10. Health and safety can eclipse the true meaning of Christingle
Jesus, glowstick of the world
Tin foil: symbolising how Jesus protected us from hot wax
Hold up, mum needs some of that for the Christmas turkey
15. Some confuse ‘fruits of the earth’ with ‘marshmallows around the campfire’
16. Though health-conscious parents are also a threat to the Christingle spirit
18. As are households where the fruit bowl is a sad, neglected affair
20. But saddest of all are the poor sweets don’t even survive the journey to church
Never would have happened with fruit…
21. So this Christmas, spare a thought for those less fortunate
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀