1. Toy Story 3: Andy plays with Woody and the gang for the last time
Toy Story 3 is a gut-wrenching affair for several reasons, mostly because we’ve all grown up with them since 199-bloody-5. After numerous emotional breakdowns, the final clincher lies inside the film’s closing minutes, when Andy, who weirdly enough was GOING to take Woody to college, and then remembered his testicles left him some time ago, gives him to the small Liza Minelli girl, in the process playing with Woody, Buzz, Ham and the gang for the very last time.
The montage is particularly sentimental because WE KNOW HOW MUCH ALL THE TOYS JUST WANTED ONE FINAL REPRISE AND IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL AND IT REPRESENTS GROWING UP AND OH GOD.
2. And that’s not all…
We find out that Woody’s beloved Bo Peep has been ‘disposed’ of…
4. Wall-E and Eve forevz
Although the more devastating thing about Pixar’s dystopian homage to sci-fi opera is the wasteland left by us feckless humans, it’s the simple love story of Eve and Wall-E that gets us right there. When Eve shuts down, Eve takes her on the best date ever. Alright, it’s a bit like taking a girl out who’s unconscious, perhaps, but if you ignore that, and replace those thoughts with ‘n’aww, cartoon robots’, you’ll feel much better.
5. Anytime ‘My Adventure Book’ is whipped out in Up.
Christ, if the ten minute life sequence between lovely-square headed Carl and Ellie wasn’t enough - little did we know that ‘the adventure book’ Ellie puts together when the couple are just nippers crops up time and time again in Carl’s later years - that the film had installed a little chip in our brains to bawl inconsolably upon seeing it.
When we realise the book has a page stuck, and Ellie has taped in lots of photos of their marriage over the years as ‘their’ adventure, well, then something else happened but our eyes are still infused with salt water right now to talk.
6. The entire of the Paper Boy
Not excluding the great Pixar shorts that tend to crop up as preamble before a new big cinematic release, the recent offering of the Paper Boy in particular stirred up a whirlwind of fey yearning. To feel the full effect and to experience the rare medical condition Totes Emotions - best to watch the whole thing really.
7. Sad cloud from Partly Cloudy is sad
Most of the Pixar shorts are either overtly clever or heartstring fodder. Here is some more puppetry with our emotions - when the cloud from Partly Cloudy gets a bit disheartened when his Stork falls out with him. For those who haven’t seen - that won’t make sense. For those who have AWW LITTLE BABY SPIKEY HEDGEHOGS
The end result is deeply heartwarming.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for giving classified documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.