Grapefruit Crepes Suzette
1 red grapefruit, cut into wedges.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
½ cup water
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons sugar
4 ounces Smirnoff grapefruit vodka
2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
Vanilla ice cream for topping (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, eggs, milk, and water until combined. Add vanilla extract, salt, and melted butter.
2. Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of crepe batter to the center of the pan and swirl to evenly coat. When the top is firm and the edges peel away from the sides of the pan easily, flip and cook the second side. Repeat to cook remaining crepes.
3. Fold crepes in half, then in half again. Set aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in the saute pan along with 2 tablespoons of sugar and melt together. Once the sugar and butter has browned, add grapefruit juice.
5. Add the folded crepes to the pan, then add the grapefruit vodka. Carefully light pan on the burner or with a match. Cook until the flames die out.
6. Plate the crepes and top with grapefruit wedges. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then pour the rest of the sauce over the plate.