1. You get to work on your communication skills constantly.
2. And maybe refine your writing skills.
3. You're pretty savvy with managing your time...
4. ...and your finances.
5. It will inspire you to look after the pennies.
6. It basically eases you into paying your taxes.
7. You master the art of improvisation...
8. ...and the art of...bluffing.
9. Sometimes you will embrace some of that grown-up responsibility.
10. And sometimes, you might even get *proactive* with that responsibility...
11. You'll learn how to protect your assets.
12. You learn to appreciate the simple pleasures that you never paid attention to before.
13. Your negotiation skills will be ON POINT.
14. Chances are you'll become more courageous.
15. You're basically learning to be part of a team.
Additional images courtesy of iStock.
Make the transition to adulthood a little easier and monitor your energy use with a smart meter. Between now and 2020, every home in Britain will be offered a smart meter by their supplier.
You'll be able to get an accurate energy bill – rather than the estimates you’re used to. Go here to find out how to get a smart meter for your home – at no extra cost!