11. Cameron Diaz, Gangs Of New York
The violin background music, green dress and red hair can not distract from the fact that Cameron Diaz cannot do a good Irish accent.
10. Gerard Butler, P.S. I Love You
Not having learned from his fellow countryman Sean Connery, Butler is determined to make a mockery of it. He even ended up writing a letter to apologize for his accent.
9. Brad Pitt, The Devil’s Own
There are times where Brad Pitt does sounds a bit like Liam Neeson but then his American accent slips back in and the illusion is broken.
8. Justin Theroux, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
Jennifer Aniston’s boyfriend may have been annoyed by Drew Barrymore’s Union Jack t-shirt as there are tensions in Northern Ireland over whether to use that flag or not. Either way, Theroux sounds nothing like a true Belfast boy.
7. Tom Cruise, Far And Away
Tom’s accent goes from Cork to Derry every other sentence and has a pirate flavour to it. He has serious competition from the Lucky Charms guy.
6. Julia Roberts, Mary Reilly
Julia Roberts seems to think that talking quietly will make her sound more Irish but sadly it isn’t so.
5. Tommy Lee Jones, Blown Away
Jones plays an IRA terrorist who is not convincing at all at being from The Emerald Isle.
4. Kevin Spacey, Ordinary Decent Criminal
The shocking thing is that the film director and Colin Farrell, one of the actors, are Irish. How could this have been allowed to go on? An absolute insult!
3. Sean Connery, The Untouchables
This film has Robert De Niro playing Al Capone, an American-Italian gangster. Kevin Costner keeps the same accent in this film as Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Sean Connery sounds as though he’s a Scotsman, pretending to be an Irishman, pretending to be a Scotsman, the ultimate inception.
2. Sean Connery, Darby O’Gill And The Little People
Just this clip alone has so many cliches: red haired woman, Irish man singing, and a film about “little people”. Her accent isn’t that great either.
1. Pierce Brosnan, Taffin
The biggest insult of all comes in the form of Pierce Brosnan, who was born in County Louth, Ireland. Just a performance clouded in awkwardness, shame, and utter disbelief that it could be this bad.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.