1. Like hating trolls and rising gas prices, hating the paparazzi is profoundly uncontroversial.
But the paparazzi is nevertheless every pop star’s artistic muse. Even Anne Hathaway wrote a mildly peeved song about them.
6. For one, it’s every young starlet’s rite of passage (something something male gaze).
7. Pap songs often appear on sophomore albums.
8. Maybe label execs push producers and songwriters to write pap songs in an attempt to manufacture a “tragic fame” vibe for their artists.
10. For stars on the wane, pap songs make great comeback hits, a chance to plead media martyrdom, and show real human frailties.
“Piece of Me” was a shockingly personal, human song coming from such a studio-groomed celeb. No comment about the crucifix, though.
11. Some artists’ breakout hits brag about not wanting the whole “paparazzi-hounded” lifestyle.
But ironically this is what helps them get famous.
12. Pap hate allowed Michael Jackson to show a gruffer side and try out his Tom Waits voice.
13. Anyone who can manage to piss off The Cranberries has to be pretty foul.
16. But yeah. Why so many songs about paps when we already know how we feel about them?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- U.S. President Barack Obama said that world leaders at the G7 summit are "rattled" by the rise of Donald Trump — and rightly so.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.
- And these Syrians have returned home after surviving the siege that destroyed Homs, the third-largest city in the country.