The second season of Orange Is the New Black is only a week away. It would be an understatement to say that we are all feeling a lot of feelings.
There's no sugarcoating it: The upcoming days are going to be an emotional roller coaster for you.
1. First and foremost, you'll experience excitement in its purest form.
BASK in these good feelings. Allow them to wash over your soul.
2. You will feel sweet, sweet relief — the long wait is finally over.
It feels like we've waited an entire year. Oh, wait, WE HAVE WAITED NEARLY AN ENTIRE YEAR!
Be sure to thank anyone who helped you through this dark and difficult time.
3. You will feel carefree and completely unburdened. I mean, does ANYTHING else even matter right now?
4. You will feel invincible. That is, until you realize how woefully unprepared you are.
Be sure to carbo-load and get plenty of rest. You will need it.
5. Suddenly and slowly, fear will creep in.
Remember to stay calm and find a watching buddy — because no one should go through this roller coaster alone.
6. You might even be feeling a bit of anger this week. Anger towards those who — for some inconceivable reason — don't watch the show.
Forgive them, for they know not what they do.
7. You will also feel spontaneous joy. The joy that only comes from meeting a stranger and discovering she or he too has seen the light and the way.
You mention how much you love Alex Vause casually in conversation...and that's when you lock eyes with someone in the group. In that moment, you both know a true friendship has formed.
Bless these people for understanding the glory that is Taystee and the wonder that is Poussey.
8. You might start to feel disoriented or confused as the days go on.
Hallucinations are normal as the week progresses – stay strong.
9. You feel so nervous for the new season, you're nearly sick to your stomach.
Take a moment of reflection and remember all the months of waiting that brought you to this moment in time. You are ready.
NETFLIX IS ALL OUR LIVES.