1. In early July, Oscar winning actress Tilda Swinton took this photo in front of the Kremlin in Moscow.
2. The same week the photo was taken, President Vladimir Putin signed a law banning foreign gay and lesbian couples from adopting Russian children.
5. With the new gay propaganda law in effect, Swinton would face a jail sentence of up to 15 days and deportation for the public stunt.
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Turkey's democratically elected Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is stepping down amid rifts with President Erdogan.