1. Cathy and Catriona may be the first same-sex married couple in the United States to receive a green card:
4. Parents of three children, Cathy and Catriona were running out of options last year when Cathy’s H-1B visa petition was denied (she is a citizen of Ireland).
They decided to join The DOMA Project, file a green card petition based on their marriage and assert their right to be treated equally under the law.
5. The Doma Projects states:
Their case has not been denied, and The DOMA Project co-founder, their attorney, Lavi Soloway, says they may be the first couple to have their green card case approved the day the Supreme Court strikes down DOMA.
6. Listen to their story:
- U.S. President Barack Obama said that world leaders at the G7 summit are "rattled" by the rise of Donald Trump — and rightly so.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.
- And these Syrians have returned home after surviving the siege that destroyed Homs, the third-largest city in the country.