1. A lesbian-only burial plot is being inaugurated in the Lutheran Georgen Parochial Cemetery of Germany this weekend.
According to the AP report, a 400-square-meter area of the two-century-old cemetery in Berlin will be reserved “as a graveyard for up to 80 lesbians.”
2. “We are the first real generation of emancipated, feminist, open lesbians, and we need somewhere to be buried,” explains Dr. Astrid Osterland of the Safia Association.
The Safia Association is a national group consisting of elderly lesbians. “There is no reason to be buried anonymously anymore and like everyone else, I want to lie with the people I’ve fought with,” she added.
3. The association has ownership of the plot for 30 years in exchange for its upkeep and landscaping. Around 20 women have registered for a space so far.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️