1. A lesbian-only burial plot is being inaugurated in the Lutheran Georgen Parochial Cemetery of Germany this weekend.
According to the AP report, a 400-square-meter area of the two-century-old cemetery in Berlin will be reserved “as a graveyard for up to 80 lesbians.”
2. “We are the first real generation of emancipated, feminist, open lesbians, and we need somewhere to be buried,” explains Dr. Astrid Osterland of the Safia Association.
The Safia Association is a national group consisting of elderly lesbians. “There is no reason to be buried anonymously anymore and like everyone else, I want to lie with the people I’ve fought with,” she added.
3. The association has ownership of the plot for 30 years in exchange for its upkeep and landscaping. Around 20 women have registered for a space so far.
- A man was arrested Sunday after he brought a gun into a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy theory. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏