Let’s begin with a reading of Sia’s Twitter bio, printed below, as a basis for her near-mythical existence on this planet.
God Bless Steve.
1. I cannot confirm, nor deny, that this Australian songstress emerged from a mythical creature’s backside.
Apparently, she was really discovered in an Italian karaoke bar. “I got up and sang at this karaoke bar in Italy. I didn’t like any of the songs they had so I just got them to clap their hands and sang “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers,” she recalls.
2. What I can tell you is that Sia was put on this planet to change all our lives, and the world, with her glorious music.
Her voice not only lifts your soul, but her lyrics lift you onto a higher plane of being. If “breathe me” doesn’t reduce you to tears, nothing will.
8. “Herself” being some rare form of high art.
11. With all this power and raw talent, shouldn’t she own us all? Shouldn’t we all be living in the The Great Republic Of Sia right now?
17. She compared the constant criticism and judgement from the public to an overbearing mother-in-law:
Imagine the stereotypical highly opinionated, completely uninformed mother-in-law character and apply it to every teenager with a computer in the entire world. Then add in all bored people, as well as people whose job it is to report on celebrities. Then, picture that creature, that force, criticizing you for an hour straight once a day, every day, day after day.
19. Take-away point: Sia isn’t here for any of the “fame” and “celebrity” bullshit.
20. I mean, it takes brass balls to perform on Ellen with your back turned to the audience. She has brass balls.
25. All hail, THA QUEEN!
27. Or even just sit next to.
30. Let’s end with our queen singing “Diamonds” in all her glory. Feel free to close your eyes and be carried away to a world where Sia is responsible for every song you love.
We’re already there.
- President Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli are officially married and tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴