4. Little did he know, it was all caught on tape.
6. This week, transcripts of the tape were shared with The Hollywood Reporter by Otash’s daughter.
The records and notes apparently filled 11 overflowing boxes that remained inside a storage unit in the San Fernando Valley for years. Most of the notes were transcribed on bits of “crinkly paper.”
7. Gates addresses Hudson on the tape about a Rorschach test he’d taken:
You told me you saw thousands of butterflies and also snakes. [A therapist] told me in my analysis that butterflies mean femininity and snakes represent that male penis. I’m not condemning you, but it seems that as long as you recognize your problem, you would want to do something about it.
8. The two went on to discuss their sex life:
Gates: Your great speed with me, sexually. Are you that fast with boys?
Hudson: Well, it’s a physical conjunction. Boys don’t fit. So, this is why it lasts longer.
Gates: Everyone knows that you were picking up boys off the street shortly after we were married and have continued to do so, thinking that being married would cover up for you.’
Hudson: I have never picked up any boys on the street. I have never picked up any boys in a bar, never. I have never picked up any boys, other than to give them a ride.
12. Hudson died in 1985, becoming the first major celebrity to die from an AIDS-related illness.
Gates filed for divorce in 1958, citing “mental cruelty.” Neither of them ever remarried.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.