1. Actress Raven-Symone has been followed by rumors concerning her sexuality for years.
2. But the extremely private star has never publicly addressed whether or not she is gay.
3. That is until today, when she tweeted this:
I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you
5. To many, the news was shocking:
RAVEN SYMONE IS A LESBIAN?????
Did she just come out? RT @MissRavenSymone I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you
the good kid.
Wait..Raven-Symone is a lesbian?
10. Others, not so much:
Raven Symone been gay for years.. yal late
Raven Symone…I mean I’m not shocked b/c it was already out there.
I thought everyone knew Raven Symone was gay.
Raven Symone has been half answering the “are you gay?” questions since 2011. FINALLY.
14. According to US Weekly, in 2011 the star tweeted:
I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I’m datings to know. I’m not one for a public display of my life,” she continued. “However that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I’m not harming anyone. I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses.
16. Shortly after, Raven RT’d these two tweets to the world:
She been out, momma just didn’t have time for bullshit. and I LIVVVEEE “@_BeatrixKiddoo: You better come out sis. @MissRavenSymone”
@MissRavenSymone Can I have your spot in the Cheetah Girls? Disney might not like you anymore.
18. Keeping everyone on their toes? That’s so Raven.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀