2. On September 5th around 8:00 pm, a caller began to repeatedly complain about the station playing Macklemore’s “Same Love.”
Sure, it’s been overplayed — but it’s such a great Jam! Why the anger?
3. The angry caller complained that the song was “for homos and Jesus hates gays.”
4. When he continued to call back, the DJ decided to take things into his own hands.
Guy just called U93 said “That song is for homos and Jesus hates gays” just called again. I decided to record it… https://t.co/oGCcwItkvF
9. Caller: Because I am a Christian. I am a God-fearing man, and I know that those gays don’t have no place in America.
12. Caller: No, I listened to it halfway and shut if off when my son was trying to show it to me.
*Don’t fly off the handle, keep it together*
15. Caller: He doesn’t know no better! He’s not old enough to understand. As a parent I’m supposed to protect him.