4. Field told BuzzFeed that she was unaware of the word “tranny” being used in the Instagram caption:
“We were not aware that Barbie, who is our manager, put out this caption. She misnamed them because it’s the adidas Blue Collection, not Adidas – that was the first mistake. The second mistake, I don’t know why she used that word […] Barbie says she used the word in a sense of ‘fierce’ and not literally ‘tranny’ – this is the kind of lingo that goes on. [Barbie] didn’t realize the rest of the world wouldn’t recognize that meaning of the word.”
6. The Instagram photo has since been deleted.
7. According to Patricia Field’s press office, the boutique’s store manager was responsible for the caption on the Instagram photo.
The store’s blog states that manager Barbie Beach has been working at Patricia Field for nearly five years, acting as General Manager and Studio Services Manager for the past year and a half.
BuzzFeed reached out directly to Beach for comment, who would not provide a statement at this time.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀