4. Field told BuzzFeed that she was unaware of the word “tranny” being used in the Instagram caption:
“We were not aware that Barbie, who is our manager, put out this caption. She misnamed them because it’s the adidas Blue Collection, not Adidas – that was the first mistake. The second mistake, I don’t know why she used that word […] Barbie says she used the word in a sense of ‘fierce’ and not literally ‘tranny’ – this is the kind of lingo that goes on. [Barbie] didn’t realize the rest of the world wouldn’t recognize that meaning of the word.”
6. The Instagram photo has since been deleted.
7. According to Patricia Field’s press office, the boutique’s store manager was responsible for the caption on the Instagram photo.
The store’s blog states that manager Barbie Beach has been working at Patricia Field for nearly five years, acting as General Manager and Studio Services Manager for the past year and a half.
BuzzFeed reached out directly to Beach for comment, who would not provide a statement at this time.
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵