People swooned hard over Evan Rachel Wood’s dapper duds on the Golden Globes carpet last night, and it’s easy to see why — she looked amazing.
But everyone swooned even harder when she explained her inspiration for suiting up that evening:
*flips open photo album* Let’s take a moment to recall the other amazing women who have walked red carpets, floated over stages, and sat upon late-night talk show couches in their best suits.
1. Comedians and power couple Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher could serve as mayors of Dapper Town, USA, if it existed:
2. Think of a suit, any suit — Janelle Monáe has worn it on a red carpet:
3. Carrie Brownstein isn’t one to shy away from a classic look:
4. Tatum O’Neal must take the cake for being one of the youngest dapper ladies to walk the red carpet:
5. And feel free to contact Lena Waithe if you need help with your bow tie:
6. Let us never forget this all polka-dot everything getup worn by Jill Soloway:
8. And Rihanna once went and reinvented all-white everything:
11. But Cate Blanchett manages to give her a run for her money:
12. Maisie Williams may be young, but she rocks a tux like an old pro:
14. Patti Smith would laugh if you called this a new trend:
16. Kristen Stewart made this patterned top an instant classic:
18. But if you’re talking suits on red carpets, you can’t forget the tiniest Canadian Queen of Dapper:
Thanks, Canada, for letting us borrow Ellen Page all the time.
19. Does this count as a suit? I’m not sure, but whatever Evan Rachel Wood did here was completely historic and should be placed lovingly in a museum:
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.