1. First check out the launch video:
The trailer features actress Kate Moennig, U.S. soccer player Megan Rapinoe and musician Hannah Blilie. The voice-over in the video is done by one of the cofounders’ grandmother.
2. Get the info:
Brand: Wildfang (“tomboy” in German)
When: Spring 2013
Where: Based in Portland, Oregon
Why: To give tomboys a place to call hom.
What to expect: Blazers, cardigans, wingtips, and, of course, bow ties
The brand will be directed toward women who enjoy menswear-style clothing but are sick of shopping in the mens section to get the look. Cofounders Julia Parsley and Emma McIlroy hope to give women a new choice in shopping.
In an interview, the cofounders promised, “We’re going to offer up just as much content in editorial as we will fashion and style. The same way that Urban Outfitters has become the home for the hipster, we definitely hope that in the next few years our consumer believes that Wildfang is the home for the tomboy.”
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻