3. The poll, taken in early May, also finds:
From 1986-1988, only about 1/3 of Americans thought gay and lesbian relations should be legal.
6. As the “nature vs nurture” debate continues, scientists are working to pin-point what factors influence sexuality by working with other animals:
A study published last month attempted to alter female mice sexual preference using serotonin levels. Researchers, led by Shasha Zhang at Peking University in Beijing, bred a group of female mice that lacked serotonin or certain neurons that release serotonin in parts of their brains.
The results showed that these altered female mice preferred other females for sexual activity over males when given the choice. You can read the full report as published here.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻