“Most people don’t even know what DOMA is. The way that we get people to think about it today and bring it to an end is to introduce people to the couples impacted.” - Soloway
5. A few of the couples featured:
8. Becky and Saane
Becky and Sanne first met while traveling around India several years ago. Though able to live freely in The Netherlands, the first country in the world to grant full marriage rights to same sex spouses, they are raising their 2-year-old daughter, Willow, in Asheville, North Carolina.
14. Cathy and Catriona
Parents of three beautiful children, Cathy and Catriona were running out of options last year when Cathy’s H-1B visa petition was denied (she is a citizen of Ireland). They decided to join The DOMA Project, file a green card petition based on their marriage and assert their right to be treated equally under the law.
16. Watch the trailer:
See more couples and read about their stories here.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀