2. Despite the repeal of Dont Ask, Don’t Tell, transgender soldiers can still be discharged without voluntary disclosure
5. This project is timely, following the media storm surrounding Private Chelsea Manning’s very public transition.
After being sentenced to 35 years in prison for leaking , the 25 year-old army private told the world that she will live the rest of her life as a woman.
7. Allyson Robinson is a 1994 graduate of West Point. She has since served with the army in Germany, the Middle East, and Korea.
8. She strongly believes that making transgender military service members more visible will help promote change.
11. The TransMilitary project hopes to give an inside look to the sacrifice these service men and women make everyday.
12. Watch the teaser:
TransMilitary will become available for free viewing on many digital platforms for viewership nationally and internationally.
- Explosions outside of a major sports stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday evening have injured at least 38 people.