This Seattle songstress knows a thing or two about picking yourself up from a dark place. Four years ago she was nearly homeless, but this year she performed alongside Macklemore at the Grammy Awards. She is currently working on a music video for the song “Body Love” off her upcoming album Welcome to the Age of My Body.
Step One: Do whatever makes you feel good, inside and out.
End of list.
4. On occasion, fix yourself an extra fancy cocktail.
“I drink a dirty gin martini with three olives.”
… even if you only read one chapter.
7. Keep up a positive inner dialogue:
“I always have an ongoing inner dialogue in my head at all times. And, when you monitor your self-talk that’s when things can really shift […] Knowing you’re in control of your own thought patterns. The bottom line is: You are in control of your reactions to things and how you view things.”
11. Forget about dieting!
“I’m not dieting anymore. I want to eat what my body is asking of me. Just listen to your body in general — it’s all self-awareness.”
Lambert suggests starting right here:
When in doubt, return to the top of this list:
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌