1. Magic Johnson’s son, Earvin Johnson III, stepped out with his boyfriend on L.A.’s sunset strip:
EJ attends NYU and is quite close with his father as Magic told TMZ, “Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way. We’re very proud of him.” Magic Johnson has been public with his support for gay rights for several years. In November 2008, he lent his voice to the “No on Prop. 8” campaign and recorded a telephone call for California voters urging them to vote note on the ban on same-sex marriage.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎