3. Couric invited the actress back in hopes of modeling how to correctly have an open discussion about transgender identity.
“Last time you were here, I got a lot of flack because I asked about the physical process [of transition]” said Couric. “I want to use this as a teachable moment for myself,” she later added.
4. Cox welcomed the opportunity for a teaching moment, as she simply said, “It’s only a mistake if you make it twice.”
8. Cox went on to be completely flawless during the interview — discussing her activist work and important issues facing the trans community.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺