1. In an interview with HuffPost Live, Oscar-nominated actor Jeremy Irons expressed some concerns about same-sex marriage.
While Irons expressed he “doesn’t have a strong feeling either way”, he did suggest same-sex marriage could be manipulated to allow fathers to pass on their estates to their sons without being taxed.
9. Some responses to his worries:
I hate when people say they don’t have strong feelings about something then proceed to spew offensive and ignorant ones #jeremyirons— Alan Cumming
Jeremy Irons: Proof that a posh British accent is no indication of intelligence http://t.co/TufS2B62Bv via @embeedub— Salon.com
Is Jeremy Irons as stupid as he appears or is he just trying to highlight a weird loophole in incest laws?— Noisy Knits
â€œTo avoid estate taxes a father could use gay marriage & marry their sonâ€ Jeremy Irons just made me sick to my stomach. Disgusting logic.— LilEsBella
- The U.S. Justice Dept. will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, the suspect in last summer's Charleston church shooting.
- Police are removing thousands of refugees from an informal refugee camp on Greece's border with Macedonia.
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.