1. At the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco, which aired on Sept. 2, the actor endured joke after joke at his own expense.
4. Confirming his perfection as a human being, Franco stated:
7. Did you catch all that?
There’s two sides to what happened in the Roast. If that’s what they were going to make fun of me for, I was like, “Great! Bring on the gay jokes!” because these aren’t insults at all. I don’t even care if people think I’m gay, so it was like, “Awesome!” I mean, I wish I was…I wish I was gay.
9. The actor also touched upon his ever-expanding public persona:
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.