1. At the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco, which aired on Sept. 2, the actor endured joke after joke at his own expense.
4. Confirming his perfection as a human being, Franco stated:
7. Did you catch all that?
There’s two sides to what happened in the Roast. If that’s what they were going to make fun of me for, I was like, “Great! Bring on the gay jokes!” because these aren’t insults at all. I don’t even care if people think I’m gay, so it was like, “Awesome!” I mean, I wish I was…I wish I was gay.
9. The actor also touched upon his ever-expanding public persona:
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.