1. The percentage of U.S. adults who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender:
The results were calculated from over 200,000 responses from all across the country. All states are within two percentage points of the nationwide average of 3.5%. Gallup also released an interactive map.
Not shown above, Hawaii results were listed as 5.1%
6. Want to see more?
Gallup’s “State of the States” series will reveal state-by-state differences. For now you can only see 2011 data, but new stories based on full-year 2012 data will be released throughout the month of February.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰