4. Some have criticized the show’s content. Ben Shapiro posted on conservative blog breitbart:
The chief executive of the Hub, who may or may not have been high (and leftist) when she greenlit this project, is Margaret Loesch. Loesch commented, “When I first heard about the show, my reaction was ‘Are you out of your minds?’ Then I looked at it and I thought, ‘This is just funny.’”
5. The New York Daily News reported on response to the backlash:
…a spokesman for GLAAD fired back that criticizing the animated series for “promoting” transgender themes is, well, cartoonish.
“This Breitbart News article is just a laughable attempt at attention seeking, comparable to Jerry Falwell attacking the Teletubbies, and demonstrates a profound ignorance of transgender people since this show doesn’t include any,” said GLAAD’s Rich Ferraro.
6. The Hub, which is co-owned by Discovery and Hasbro, debuted SheZow on Canadian and Australian TV in December. It will premiere in the U.S. this weekend.
7. WPIX New York reported on the show:
“Then again, the entire concept of superheroes transforming and shapeshifting is no problem. So it might be a good idea to relax, support the plastic […] nature of a kids imagination…and lighten up.”
8. Check out the show’s intro:
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵