4. Ted continued on passionately:
“Coming out before entering high school was not a decision that I undertook lightly. I had heard the horror stories about how this could be the worst four years of a young gay mans life. I was fully prepared to endure taunting, social ostracization, and even physical abuse. But I knew what I knew, and I couldn’t hide it anymore. So I decided that upon entering Fairview that if anyone asked me…I would tell them the truth. The response that I have received, by and large, has been stunning. The amount of people who actually seemed happy to hear that I was gay outnumbered those who didn’t care. And those who didn’t care far outnumbered the small group who reacted negatively.”
6. Ted tried to continue, but was interrupted by cheers and applause:
7. Watch the speech in full for complete goose-bumps:
- Charlotte police will release video of Keith Lamont Scott's death today, the police chief says.
- Gennifer Flowers, who had an affair with Bill Clinton in the 80s, plans to attend Monday's debate as Trump's guest, her assistant said.
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture has officially opened in Washington, DC.