1. Meet Dylan Meehan and Brad Taylor, voted Carmel High School’s “cutest couple” for the 2013 school year:
The couple’s close friend Chelsea Blaney posted the image to her Tumblr, and people took notice quickly. Chelsea wrote, “Two of my best friends won Cutest Couple of our senior class. First time in my school history a same sex couple has even been able to run for this category, not to mention winning it. So proud of them, and my school.” She published the photo three days ago, and it already has reached over 100,000 shares. The New York high school’s principal, Kevin Carroll, told The Journal News that it’s the first time, to his knowledge, that a same-sex couple has been voted “cutest couple” by the student body.
2. In a letter to The Huffington Post, Dylan and Brad wrote:
This whole thing has been a bit surreal for us because we have been raised to believe that love is love. We never realized that our happiness and openness would inspire so many individuals. The support we have received from our family, friends, and even strangers has led us to believe that our affection for each other is normal […] When we started dating a year [ago], the thought of a photo of us traveling throughout the world would be a bit frightening, but now we are proud to be part of the LGBT community.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of blatant racism while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.