1. France reached marriage equality today after weeks of divided demonstrations and protests:
A man shouts out in the public gallery before the final vote.
2. Needless to say, France is having very mixed emotions:
Gay marriage is now legal in France, I don’t know what to feel. Happy or sad? :| #mariagepourtous— J. Kandou
3. Supporters of the bill took to the streets to celebrate:
12. A personal at-home celebration:
18. A gay man kisses French humorist Frigide Barjot, spokesperson for “La Manif pour Tous”, a group who protested against France’s legalization of same-sex marriage.
22. Anti gay marriage groups spoke out: “Against this unjust law, continue mobilizing in non-violence.”
#CP_VITA #mariagepourtous : Â«Contre cette loi injuste, poursuivons la mobilisation, dans la non-violenceÂ» @TDerville http://t.co/H0jEdDQKOY— Alliance VITA
24. She tweeted after the decision: “Is not it a problem that the passage of a law arouses much hatred and violence among its supporters?”
N’est-ce pas un problÃ¨me que le vote d’une loi suscite autant de haine et de violence chez ses sympathisants ?— Frigide Barjot
People wearing pink overalls attend the “La Manif pour Tous” (Demonstration for All) protest march against France’s legalization of same-sex marriage.
28. The group stated, “Our determination is intact!”
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀