4. In the moments before the vote in France the Hashtag on twitter that was trending translated to: “Homosexuals Must Be Killed”:
Hashtag trending in France: “Homosexuals Must Be Killed” #IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels— JoeMyGod
#IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels J’laime se hashtag— LOGANITOO
#IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels Une extermination massive— C.H
#IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels #IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels #IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels #IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels #IlFautTuerLesHomosexuels— J’ai une grosse bite
10. The impending law has been a great source of division in the country, with bizarre protests and escalating violence.
Demonstrators hold anti gay marriage and French flags during a rally in Paris. The letters on the flags read “Demonstration for all”.
11. Police organized legions of officers and a small battery of water cannons at France’s National Assembly as lawmakers prepared for the final vote.
French CRS riot police form a line near the Invalides during a demonstration against France’s planned legalization of same-sex marriage in Paris.
People take cover from tear gas as they take part in a demonstration against France’s planned legalization of same-sex marriage in Paris earlier this week:
Protestors wear French Revolution Phrygian caps as they shout slogans and hold copies of the “Code Civil” (law texts) as they take part in the “Manif pour Tous” (Demonstration for All) protest march:
French police in riot gear stand guard as gay marriage opponents wave a French flag:
- Donald Trump promised "there will be no amnesty" during a highly-anticipated immigration speech after his visit to Mexico.
- Brazil's senate voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶